Domain Names on Offer*
*Domain offers are valid for the first year of the domain hosting and subject to the purchase of the domain for a 2 year period. (See full T&C's for details)
on selected hosting plans!
Domain TLD Specials Board
From time to time, we are able to offer other TLDs at awesome discounts.
Our “Specials Board” is updated daily, so grab that bargain while you can.
Build up your Domain Portfolio with Hipposerve!
Getting a number of domains has lots of advantages, and it is really easy to do with Hipposerve. You can either purchase the TLDs directly from your online customer account, or give the Hippo a call, and let us do it for you.
Having a range of domain names can:
Stop competitors buying up the same or similar domains
Future proof your business
Redirect similar domain names to your existing website
Hippo Domains FAQs
Here are some answers to Frequently Asked Questions.
What is a Domain Name?
I already have a domain name, can I transfer this to you?
Yes, you can. There are different ways to do this depending on the type of domain name that you have, but our automated systems do most of the work for you. You will have to contact your existing domain registrar and tell them that you wish to move, and then our systems can do the rest. It takes a few days for the transfer to take place.
Do I need to have a domain name to use a website?
Is my business protected when I register a domain name?
When your domain name is registered it means no-one else can use it and pass their website off as yours. However, you may want to register different variants of domain name to prevent those from being used too. For example: register .com, .co.uk, .org and .net
Can I have additional domains pointed at my account?
All our packaged allow multiple domain name parking and our technical team will help you set it up.
Why are different TLD's (top level domain names) different prices.
Will I need to renew my domain name?
Are there any rules on the characters I can use in my domain name?
- Domains can contain the English-language letters a-z, and the digits 0-9.
- Hyphens can also be used, but it can not be used at the beginning and at the end of a domain name. Two hyphens together is usually not permitted, and also hyphens cannot appear at both third and fourth positions.
- Spaces and special characters (such as !, $, &, _ and so on) are not permitted.
- The minimum length is 3 and the maximum length is 63 characters (excluding the TLD extension “.co.uk”).
- Domain names are not case-sensitive.(i.e., you may use a mix of upper or lower case letters)