Creating a signature allows you to create professional looking emails with ease. Hippo Pro Webmail offers advanced signature creating capabilities which can be dynamically adjusted to suit your needs. This guide explores how to create your first signature.
Log On to Webmail #
- Log on to your webmail account by following the instructions here.
Go to Settings #
- Click on your account icon and go to your settings
- Choose My Account from the menu.
- When the settings load, choose email.
Add an Email Template #
- Scroll to the bottom of the email settings page and add an email template. Templates can be used for many things, in this case we will be creating a default signature.
Create Your Signature #
- Firstly, give your signature a name. In the example below we have called it main signature.
- Next, create the signature text.
Format Your Signature #
- Using the tools provided, you can format your signature in much the same way as you format any document. For example, embolden text and change the colour of the font. You can also add hyperlinks and change the size of the text.
- The advanced menu (three vertical dots), allows even more features, including adding images and horizontal lines.
Save Your Signature Template #
- When you are happy, save your signature Template.
- You must also save changes to your settings for the signature to take effect.
Set Up The Signature As a Default #
- Compose a new message, you don’t even need to send this if you don’t want to.
- Click on the templates button
- Choose the Template you wish to use in the signature. In our example, there is only one option, Main Signature.
- You will then see the signature.
- If you wish to set this as a default signature for all your emails, click on the template icon again
- Choose set current template as default for myself.
You can see that this is a powerful tool. You can create a number of different signatures for different purposes, have one main default signature and then use others for different addressees. You can also create templated emails, that get sent out regularly, for example a pro forma for a membership upgrade.