Many Hippo Pro Email users prefer to use their own email client rather than the web mail. Our email service uses standard IMAP, SMTP and POP protocols, so they are compatible with all email clients on both desktop and mobile devices. This knowledge base article explains the settings you need to set up your emails on a range of different devices.
- Important Note: We recommend that you use IMAP rather than POP for your incoming server. It is a protocol made to support several devices accessing one same account, with all folders synced at our server. We are also unable to guarantee that our backups will work correctly, if you use a pop account.
Your Email Client #
- All email clients are slightly different. In most cases, you need to find the add new account (or similar) option.
- Choose IMAP / Other as the account type
- The username is the full email you are trying to set up (e.g., [email protected])
- The password, is the password you set, when the email account was created, or if you have since changed it.
Incoming Server #
- The incoming sever, collects messages sent to your domain, and distributes them to the correct mailbox.
- We recommend you choose IMAP with SSL Encryption for security.
- This incoming server requires authentication, this is the same password you used above.
- If you are using a service that only allows POP, then the details are as follows:
Outgoing Server #
- The outgoing server send messages to your recipients.
- You must enable SMTP Authentication in your e-mail client in order to send e-mails out, this is your email password.
|None||smtp.emailarray.com||25, 26, or 587|
Autoconfig and Autodiscovery #
- If you have set up autoconfig and autodiscovery, some clients will automatically try to set up your email.
- This is done by adding the autoconfig / autodiscovery values to your DNS
- Instructions how to do this are shown here
Changing Your Password #
- This knowledge base article explains how to change your email password.