When a hosting plan is creating, it is set up with the default PHP options. You may be working with a website or application that requires different settings and updating your PHP options is now needed.
This knowledge base explains how to update the PHP options in cPanel
- Go to the Hippo Portal by following this link: https://sales.hipposerve.co.uk/
- Login to your Hippo Portal
Go to Hosting Service #
- Access The Hosting Service Where You Wish to Install WordPress
- Choose The Correct Service and click Manage.
Log into cPanel #
- Choose the cPanel login from the Quick Shortcuts Menu.
Go to PHP Options #
- Click on the Select PHP Version Icon
- This will show your current PHP version, the extensions loaded and the PHP options
Choose the Options Tab #
- Click on the Options tab to get all the PHP options required.
Complete the Clone Website Details #
- You will be presented with the PHP options list. This varies depending on the version of PHP that you are using.
- Make the changes you require and click save. Please allow up to 30 seconds for the changes to take effect.
- It can be tempting just to put really high values into these options, particularly in the case of Memory and Upload sizes. You should be very careful when doing this and only select the minimum you need. Setting a value too high can leave your website open to the upload of malicious files. A high memory _limit, can also leave you open to a runaway script in a bad plugin, continuing to run and using up all your website resources.