Your Hippo Business Pro Instances uses VPS technology and therefore has a number of additional features that you can manage. This is accessible from your Hippo Portal. This guide explains these management features.
- Go to the Hippo Portal by following this link: https://sales.hipposerve.co.uk/
- Login to the Hippo Portal
Select the Business Pro Hosting Service or Website #
- Go to the My Services link on the menu
- Select the Business Pro hosting service that you would like to manage.
- Click on the Manage button
This will bring up the overview, which gives information about your current plan.
Management Tools #
Here there are all the available service actions, service management tools and information about your installation.
Finding Your Control Panel Password #
You need your control panel password to access your Plesk or cPanel password.
- In the instance details, click on the eye icon to display your password.
- Please note, if you change this password in your control panel, it will not update here and you will have to keep your own record.
Start Server Button #
- This allows you to start the server, it is in a stopped state.
Stop Server Button #
- This allows you to stop the server if required. This will take it completely offline. You will need to start the server again before you can use it.
Reboot Server Button #
- This allows you to perform a graceful reboot of your server. This is useful if your website or application has hung and you want to try a server restart before diagnosis.
- A reboot can take 10-15 minutes to perform.
Start Reinstall Button #
- This reinstalls the server to the original configuration when it was first installed.
- This option performs a clean install and will remove all data from the server, including your website and any databases.
- Use with caution. It is recommended you take a backup of all your user data before using this option.
Server Backup Button #
- This is only available if you purchased the auto backups option during sign up. If you wish to add auto backups to your installation, please raise a ticket with the Hippo Helper team at https://help.hipposerve.co.uk and we will enable it for you.
- From this interface you can schedule your backups, or restore an existing backup.
- Backups differ from Snapshots as these are automatic.
- To schedule a backup, click the schedule backup button and complete the form below. Once it is confirmed, the backups will be performed according to the schedule. The server will keep retain the last two backups.
- You can delete unwanted backups by choosing the trash can. You can perform a full system restore by clicking on the recycle option.
- Use restore with caution – The restore option restores the server to the same condition as to when it was taken. This means any data added since the backup was taken, will be removed.
Snapshot Button #
- Snapshots are a great way to take an image if your server before doing some work on it. That way, if something goes wrong, you can quickly restore your instance.
- It is exactly the same as a backup, except it is manual and designed to be temporary.
- Snapshots are charged as £0.20 GB/mo ex VAT.
- Your snapshot is compressed and is only the size of the data you are using. So you will only be charged for the amount of space taken up, for the amount of time you have it.
- You can easily create a snapshot by licking the create snapshot button. The time taken to create this varies depending on the size of your installation.
- Make sure you give this a recognizable name, so you can identify it later.
- To restore the snapshot, click on the restore icon on the required snapshot.
- To delete a snapshot, click on the trash can.
Graphs Button #
- This allows you to see the amount of data sent and received by your server to ensure that you are keeping within your bandwidth limits.