DNS is one of the most complicated aspects of ensuring your website, email, and other online services function correctly. From time to time, you may need to update your DNS records, to change your email provider, or add Facebook Pixel verification for example. Whilst the Hippo Helpers will always be on hand to assist you with this, we recognize that many people prefer to make these updates themselves.
This knowledge base explains how to manage the DNS on cPanel web hosting.
- Go to the Hippo Portal by following this link: https://sales.hipposerve.co.uk/
- Login to the Hippo Portal
Go to Service
- Click on the “Services” item from the menu.
Go to My Services
- Click on the “My Services” item from the menu
- Choose the hosting service that you wish to examine the stats on.
- Click on the gear icon to manage this service
- Click on the Log in to cPanel to access your hosting control panel. This should be an automated login with no need for a password.
Please note—icon displays may vary depending on the version of cPanel for system is running
Go to the DNS Zone Editor
- Choose the DNS Zone Editor
- Select the option to Manage the DNS zone.
Manage the DNS
- In this area, you will be able to manage the required DNS records. You can add new records, modify existing records, delete unwanted records. For certain DNS records you can also add the standard records required for Google Apps.
- You can repeat this task for all the records you require.
Important: Please be aware that changes to the DNS do not take effect immediately. For information, of how to check that the changes are working, please consult this knowledge base article.
Warning: Incorrectly configured DNS records can affect the functionality of your internet services. Hipposerve accepts no responsibility for any issues relating to incorrect DNS records.