DNS is one of the most complicated aspects of ensuring your website, email, and other online services function correctly. From time to time, you may need to update your DNS records, to change your email provider, or add Facebook Pixel verification for example. Whilst the Hippo Helpers will always be on hand to assist you with this, we recognize that many people prefer to make these updates themselves.
This knowledge base explains how to manage the DNS in cPanel web hosting.
- Go to the Hippo Portal by following this link: https://sales.hipposerve.co.uk/
- Login to your Hippo Portal
Go to Hosting Service #
- Access The Hosting Service Where You Wish to Install WordPress
- Choose The Correct Service and click Manage.
Log into cPanel #
- Choose the cPanel login from the Quick Shortcuts Menu.
Go to the DNS Zone Editor #
- Choose the DNS Zone Editor
- Select the option to Manage the DNS zone.
Managing the DNS in cPanel #
- In this area, you will be able to manage the required DNS records. You can add new records, modify existing records, delete unwanted records. For certain DNS records you can also add the standard records required for Google Apps.
- You can repeat this task for all the records you require.
Important: Please be aware that changes to the DNS do not take effect immediately. For information, of how to check that the changes are working, please consult this knowledge base article.
Warning: Incorrectly configured DNS records can affect the functionality of your internet services. Hipposerve accepts no responsibility for any issues relating to incorrect DNS records.