To transfer UK based domain names, you need to enter Hipposerve’s IPS-Tag (Internet Provider Security Tag) at your current domain name registrar. The Hipposerve IPS Tag is NETIM-FR. This guide explains the procedure.
The Transfer Process #
- If you haven’t already, order your domain in the usual way and select TRANSFER from the options.
- Complete the order.
- Our servers are now waiting for your registrar to unlock the domain and send it to us.
Unlock Your Domain with our IPS Tag. #
- Go to your current domain name registrar (the place where your domain name is held).
- Opt to transfer this domain away (sometimes called unlocking the domain)
- You will be asked to enter your IPS-TAG.
- The IPS Tag to use for Hipposerve is: NETIM-FR
- Once unlocked by your current registrar, the domain name will be transferred. This can range from a few minutes to a few days, and you will be informed by us when the process is complete.
- Unfortunately, Hipposerve has no control over the time taken for your registrar to unlock the domain.