WordPress is really popular with on our hosting platforms. In fact nearly 70% of our customers use it. We think it’s great, and keeping it up to date and secure is really important, but it is also time consuming. We now offer our Hippo Managed WordPress Solution, which includes security, site updates and a FREE website backup.
Hippo Managed WordPressFull Package
- Suitable for:
- Busy people who want to look after their business and not their website.
- Services Offered:
- Latest WordPress installed
- Security Suite Installed
- 24/7 Updates
- Caching Installed
- Nightly Offsite Backups
- Cloudflare Configured
- Weekly Optimisations
- Monthly Health Check
As Easy as 1,2,3
Step 1 - Choose a Hosting Package
Decide on the hosting plan that you need for your website and select BUY.
Step 2 - Select a Domain Name
Either choose a new domain name, transfer an existing domain name to us, or use an existing domain and update your name servers.
Step 3 - Add Managed WordPress
When you configure your hosting choose Managed WordPress from the list of options.
Notes for Existing Customers
If you are an existing customers you can purchase this addon through your Hippo Customer Portal.
If you already have a WordPress then we won’t install a new one, just upgrade your existing installation for Managed WordPress.
We will also perform some optimisation techniques to improve the performance of your existing WordPress.
Managed WordPress Features
It’s no wonder WordPress is so popular. It’s huge flexibility beautiful of themes and useful plugins makes it a firm favourite with designers and businesses alike. It is estimated 75 million website use WordPress!
What Will We DO
Keeping Your Installation Safe and Secure
Despite being popular and easy to use managing your WordPress installation can be a laborious task. To make sure it stays as secure as possible you have to maintain it properly. We monitor your site for updates and apply them asap.
Before any changes are made to your site a backup will be taken, just in case any update fails for some reason. You will be notified by email that the backup has been taken, and if the update was a success.
FREE Backups worth at least £6 per month (ex. VAT)
This backup includes:
- Nightly backups with a retention period of 20 days*
- Backups Stored off site on Amazon’s AWS servers.
- Pre-update backups. A backup taken before any update is made.
*Subject to our reasonable use policy. You can also opt to increase your data retention period for an additional £1.99 per 10 days. Larger sites that require more data storage space may also have to pay an additional fee.
How we Manage Your WordPress Installation
We have experts in WordPress who have completed hundreds of successful installations.
New WordPress Install Setup
- Latest WordPress Installed with recommended plugins for speed and security
- Customers with an existing installation will have it upgraded to Managed WordPress
- Requested themes installed if required (if not base themes used).
- Admin user created for Hipposerve team.
- Admin user created for customer
- Website health check for speed and security
- Monitoring systems installed
- Monitoring and management setup
- Backups setup using an encrypted connection, off site to Amazon AWS S3
- Initial File and Database Backup
- Site Monitored 24/7
- We can add up to 4 Content Posts p/m
- When updates are available a file and database backup is taken
- Site is then updated
- WordPress core updates included
- WordPress plugin updates included
- WordPress theme updates included
- WordPress translation updates included
- File and database backup also taken nightly.
- All backups are offsite and stored using Amazon’s AWS S3
- Weekly site/database optimisation
Don't Wait - Claim Your Domain Now!
Free domains are only available when purchased with multi-year hosting plan.
The duration of the offer is for one year, whereafter they revert to their standard domain fee.