Generating a DKIM record and adding it to your DNS significantly improves the deliverability of your emails. DKIM is an email authentication method designed to detect forged sender addresses in emails, a technique often used in phishing and email spam. This knowledge base article explains how to generate a DKIM key.
- Go to the Hippo Portal by following this link: https://sales.hipposerve.co.uk/
- Login to the Hippo Portal
Select the Email Service #
- Go to the menu and click on My Services
- Select the Hippo Pro Email service that you would like to manage.
- Click on the Manage Service button.
Choose DKIM Setup #
- Click on the DKIM Setup button
Enable the DKIM Service #
- Click the enable button, to enable the DKIM Service.
- It can take a few moments for this to generate. Please be patient.
- Only enable this service if you plan to add it to your DNS records. Enabling it without adding the records my cause email deliverability problems.
Create a NEW TXT Record in Your DNS #
- You need to create a new TXT record in your DNS service.
- If you are unsure how to do this please contact our support desk at help.hipposerve.co.uk
Copy the DKIM Host #
- Copy the DKIM Host you generated earlier to the HOST in your DNS
Copy the DKIM Key #
- Copy the DKIM key you generated earlier to the TXT record value
- This is a very long key, so copy it carefully.
For help with DNS configuration, please see this knowledge base article.