Your Hippo Hosting will be installed with a default PHP version. This version will be the one most compatible with common PHP applications. However, we always recommend using the most up-to-date version that your application allows, for both performance and security.
You may also be running an older or legacy application that requires older versions of PHP to run correctly.
This knowledge base explains how to change the PHP version on cPanel web hosting.
- Go to the Hippo Portal by following this link: https://sales.hipposerve.co.uk/
- Login to your Hippo Portal
Go to Hosting Service #
- Access The Hosting Service Where You Wish to Install WordPress
- Choose The Correct Service and click Manage.
Log into cPanel #
- Choose the cPanel login from the Quick Shortcuts Menu.
Enter cPanel #
- Click on the Log in to cPanel to access your hosting control panel. This should be an automated login with no need for a password.
Please note—icon displays may vary depending on the version of cPanel for system is running
Change PHP Version #
- Go to the Software block and choose the Select PHP Version module.
Choose Version #
- Go to the Current PHP Version drop down menu.
- Choose the version you require
- Make sure you click on set as current to save your choice
Test Your Website or Application #
- Carefully test your application to make sure that the PHP version you selected works. If not, you can try a different version, or revert to the version that you know was working, by following the method above again.