Members of the Web Design club who choose to host their own site on one of our Business Pro accounts get a free Development Server VPS set up for their staging sites. These are all high performance, so you will benefit from being able to design in a non-laggy, high performance environment. This guide explains how to access the HippoPanel website control panel, to manage your staging websites.
- Go to the Hippo Portal by following this link: https://sales.hipposerve.co.uk/
- Login to the Hippo Portal
Click on the Services Icon #
- Click on the service icon on your dashboard.
Find the Dev Account Service #
- Look through your services and find the dev account
- Click on the Manage Button
Click on the Manage Website Button #
- Click on the HippoPanel – Manage Your Website Button
- This will take you to the HippoPanel Control Panel and you can use this to administer all of your software.
- The most useful tool for our web developers is the WordPress Manager, where you can organise all your WordPress instances in one place.
- The Hippo Panel can be used to administer all other types of web applications as well as WordPress sites.
Website Designer Development VPS is backed up every night with a 5-day retention. Backups are stored off site and are encrypted. Therefore, there is no need for you to take regular backups.
Whilst you are free to take your own backups, please do not store these on the development server. Backup files stored on the development severe will be deleted without notice.
Looking After Your Development Server #
The Development server should not be used as a store or archive. Once your website is live, it should be deleted off the development server and stored remotely. We do limit the available disk space on the development server, so please remove any unwanted files.
The Website Designer Development VPS is a free service not intended for public use. Whilst locked down, it does not have the usual public facing security in place, that we would normally add to our live servers. You should use the Development server as is and take reasonable precautions to protect your data. Hipposerve accepts no responsibility for any data loss on the development server. Due to its nature, the development server is exempt from our uptime guarantee.